Become or Support a Coach - Mentorship Program for Female Coaches
Changing the Game is a mentorship program for new female coaches in Ontario. The program is open to existing coaches or coaches-to-be of every sport, every age, and every experience level. Using a professionally designed mentorship model, the Changing the Game program has already engaged over 400 apprentice coaches with support of 150+ experienced sport coaching mentors.
Even better, the program is completely free.
This Mentorship Program is for Women who want to become a Coach for the first time and be supported with Mentorship and Development, an existing Coach looking for Mentorship and Development, or an experienced coach looking to give back as a mentor (Both Male and Female Coaches accepted as Mentors). Participants receive:
- Access to a personal mentor sport coach with a specific area of expertise and wealth of experience
- Professional development events
- Funding for 1 on 1 expert consulting
- An online community of coaches
- Online resource hub
Purpose of the Program
- Provide a mentorship model for female coaches in Ontario – within and across sports
- Provide a resource hub for apprentice coaches to build and enhance their skills, abilities and knowledge
- Provide female coaches from a variety of sports with an opportunity to learn from highly trained coaches and experts across the province
- Create a broader pool of coaches with qualifications and tools that meet the requirements for participating in coaching, from grassroots to competition development
- Engage the system through PSO’s, education sector partnerships and community groups province-wide to cultivate an environment for balanced leadership
- Build lasting supportive relationships between and among coaches to create a legacy program that is sustainable
- WHO: Women who want to become a Coach for the first time, OR an existing Coach looking to grow further as a coach and leader
- WHY: Training, support, connections, enhancement
- WHO: Experienced coaches who want to get involved in supporting female apprentices in their coach and leadership development (Both Male and Female Coaches accepted as Mentors)
- WHY: You will leave a legacy in your sport, receive support, tools, resources, mentorship training, and professional development
Intake for the 2019 program is open from now until March 31st.